I'm still behind on posts! It just never ends! I need help!
A while ago I attended Valynne's launch party for Ink and Ashes.
She had a great presentation and wore an awesome Kimono!
Things she touched on in her presentation (I actually took notes this time!):
- Valynne wrote the book for her younger sister a long time ago. She wanted to give her sister a book with a character she could relate to.
- The characters in the book were named after Valynne's sister's best friends.
- Valynne didn't know how to write a mystery, so she bought a book on how to write a mystery after she won the New Visions Award.
- She talked about how authors are very aware of their weaknesses, and they are glaring them in the face during the writing process.
- Since she won the award, she had a lot of say in the cover. She even got the New Visions Award emblem changed.
It was a great presentation, and Valynne spoke from the heart. She feels very strongly about a lot of things, and it was nice to hear her speak so passionately about her opinions.
Valynne signing my book!