Author: Gabrielle Zevin
Publisher: Algonquin Books
Date Published: April 1, 2014
Genre: Adult Fiction, Contemporary
- I don't have the adequate thoughts or words to describe how incredible this book is. It's amazing!
- A.J. Fikry is a grumpy widower who is set in his ways. He owns a small book store in a small secluded town. His highly sought after and highly valuable book by Edgar Allan Poe gets stolen, and it starts a chain of events that changes Fikry's life for the better.
- I loved Fikry. His character development was heartwarming and gave me all the feels. I loved his interactions with Maya, Amelia, and everyone else.
- The emotions! I cried, I laughed, I got frustrated, and everything else. I was so immersed in this story.
- This book is a champion for books. There are so many wonderful quotes and messages for book lovers. There were so many times I wanted to stand up and yell, "YES! EXACTLY!"
- I don't know what else to say. Read it! It is amazing! Thank you Jenny for recommending it. I wish I had read it sooner.
My Thoughts in a GIF: