Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry


Author:  Gabrielle Zevin

Publisher:  Algonquin Books

Date Published:  April 1, 2014

Genre:  Adult Fiction, Contemporary

Rating:  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐





My Thoughts:

-    I don't have the adequate thoughts or words to describe how incredible this book is. It's amazing!

-    A.J. Fikry is a grumpy widower who is set in his ways. He owns a small book store in a small secluded town. His highly sought after and highly valuable book by Edgar Allan Poe gets stolen, and it starts a chain of events that changes Fikry's life for the better. 

-    I loved Fikry. His character development was heartwarming and gave me all the feels. I loved his interactions with Maya, Amelia, and everyone else.

-    The emotions! I cried, I laughed, I got frustrated, and everything else. I was so immersed in this story.  

-    This book is a champion for books. There are so many wonderful quotes and messages for book lovers. There were so many times I wanted to stand up and yell, "YES! EXACTLY!" 

-    I don't know what else to say. Read it! It is amazing! Thank you Jenny for recommending it. I wish I had read it sooner. 


My Thoughts in a GIF:

9 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this one around but never looked closely at it. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful. I'm going to check it out and add to TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another book I've been meaning to read for years! I really need to reprioritize my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. There are just too many books to read. I hope you can get to this one soon.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you gave it all the stars! Will have to look into it closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, I wish I could give it more than 5 on Goodreads.

      Delete
    2. My son says the same thing all the time, LOL!

      Delete