Monday, March 14, 2022

Seeing Red


Title:
  Seeing Red

Author:  Sarah Mlynowski

Series:  Whatever After #12

Publisher:  Scholastic Press

Date Published:  October 30, 2018

Genre:  Middle Grade, Fantasy, Fairy Tale Retelling

Rating:  ⭐


My Thoughts:

-    I read this aloud to Gnome. We enjoy reading this series together. 

-    Abby and Jonah's Nana is visiting them. Their Nana loves telling them fairy tales for bedtime stories. When Abby gets invited to a sleepover, Nana says she can't go because she wants to spend time with family. Abby is upset and tries to get around the situation by going through the magic mirror. Of course it doesn't work, and Abby and Jonah end up in Little Red Riding Hood's story. 

-    I always love the twists Mlynowski comes up with. They are so clever and improve the original stories by making them more modern and forward thinking.

-    There aren't a lot of stories about grandkids and their relationship with their grandparents, so I really liked that aspect in this book.

-    I don't know if I'd enjoy these books as much if I read them myself. They are definitely too young for me, but they are perfect read-a-loud books. TBH, Gnome is probably outgrowing these books as well, but we still love reading them. 


My Thoughts in a GIF:


Previous Books in the Series: 
13547802  14759306  16043628
17981403  18527499  Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
  25779172  26892072
(Covers are linked)

p.s. I could not figure out how to fix the spacing issue on the last three book covers. If you have a solution, please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I remember this series. they were popular in our household a few years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice series. So nice to see updated fairy tales for children.

    ReplyDelete