Friday, March 11, 2022

The Love Hypothesis


Author:  Ali Hazelwood

Publisher:  Berkley Books

Date Published:  September 14, 2021

Genre:  Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Rating:  ⭐





My Thoughts:

-    Fake dating is plaguing my life right now. I don't know why, but I feel like it is everywhere. 

-    Olive's ex-boyfriend and best friend are attracted to one another, but Olive's friend doesn't want to hurt Olive by dating her ex, so Olive impulsively kisses a random guy in the hallway to make her friend think she has moved on. I don't understand the logic, but whatever. The guy she kissed is a professor who is renown for being an unapproachable jerk. Of course the random professor decides to help her with the ruse, and of course they fall in love. 

-    I didn't hate the romance, in fact I really liked Olive and Adam as a couple, but I didn't like the fake dating trope. 

-    Yes, I crushed on Adam. It helped that from his description, I pictured him as Richard Armitage, so ya. His good looks combined with his undying loyalty, silent longing, and sexy protectiveness made for a very crush worthy guy. 

-    I'm not one for erotic books, and I was unaware of the sex scene. It was a little too steamy for me. I know we are supposed to read outside our comfort zones, but I'm okay not being that intimate with other's relations. 

-    I loved the book setting, and I loved the representation of women in STEM. 

-    I'm glad I finally got around to reading this book, but I think it is over-hyped. *ducks projectiles*


My Thoughts in a GIF:

6 comments:

  1. "Richard Aritage" lol. It sounds fun but I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone, or might be great for one person and just okay for another. Like any book I guess ha ha.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg. Ya, I can see how a lot of people would love this book, but some things just aren't for me.

      Delete
  2. I loved Adam and Olive together. They made me smile.

    ReplyDelete