Wednesday, March 2, 2022

No Library Month

 

I'm sure you can relate, but I have a lot of books, and I look at them every day, and they are just begging to be read. I want to read them, but I always have a big stack of library books that need to be read because of the impending due date. The library books always get priority, and my lovely friends on my shelves never get read. I decided to have no library months every now and then, so I can read my books. 

For the month of March, I will return all the library books in my home, and I will not check out any library books. Then I can focus on the books I own and love. I'm actually really excited to revisit some old friends.

My only exception is my book club book, but every other book I read in March will come from my personal library. 

What do you think of this idea? Are any of you interested in joining my no library months? If I get enough interest, I was thinking of making an event out of it. I'm not sure how often I will do it, but I'm hoping for at least twice a year. 

7 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea! I've done something similar before, and it did help me make time for my own books. I'd join you this month, but I've just barely checked out a stack of library books, and some have very long hold lists, so if I don't read them now it'll be months before I can check them out again. But I'm thinking about really limiting my library use in April. Happy reading all those books from off your own shelves! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea. I hope you find some gems in your bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny, I literally thought about doing this for March but hadn't actually got around to committing. Maybe I will join you. You like that I still can't commit?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny! It is hard to give up all the library books.

      Delete
    2. It is! However, I really need to focus on books I OWN, so even though it's a little late I am going to do it (with the exception of any review book I have that might be due this month and my book club book)! I will try to do a full month, today through April 7 :)

      Delete