Friday, March 4, 2022

Cyrano

 


My Thoughts:

-    I love the original play, so when I saw they were doing a musical adaptation, I knew I had to see it. 

-    Sadly, I missed the first 15 min of the movie because I was being held hostage at the car dealership. Why do they always take forever! Grrr!!

-    The story is so beautiful and heart wrenching. I loved it! I also loved all the humor they threw in. There are some very funny moments. 

-    Dinklage's performance was so good! He has such a rich and deep voice. I didn't know he could sing.

-    Visually, it was very appealing. Musically . . .it was okay. I didn't love all the singers, and I didn't love all the songs. Some of the songs. . .were a little cringy. The villain song was really bad and awkward. In a few of the songs, some of the lyrics were silly and crammed into the melody. Some songs were really good though. It was a very weird mix. 

-    Some of the dances seemed out of place and weird. I wanted to giggle when these people were holding loaves of bread in the air and moving around in a circle.

-    I'm glad I saw this in the theater. Yes, I'd like to see it again, especially the beginning. Yes, I've listened to the soundtrack, and my feelings about the songs haven't changed.


My Thoughts in a GIF:

8 comments:

  1. We've been wanting to see this too. I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a really good version of this story. I want to see it, too. Do you know if the ending of this movie is the same as in the original play? Because that ending is super sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say that the ending is sad. There were many sniffles in the theater.

      Delete
  3. Oh, good. This is a movie I want to see, so I'm glad that it's well done for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, besides a couple of songs, it is really good. I hope you get to see it soon.

      Delete
  4. I haven't listened to the soundtrack yet but I need to. I want to see if the songs warm up to me...or I warm up to them. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy some songs, and others I skip. I didn't think I would listen to the soundtrack very much, but I've been into it.

      Delete