Thursday, March 10, 2022

The Iron Knight


Author:  Julie Kagawa

Series:  The Iron Fey #4

Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

Date Published:  October 26, 2011

Genre:  Young Adult, Fantasy

Rating:  ⭐



My Thoughts:

-    Ash is determined to be reunited with Meghan, and he will travel to the end of the world to do it. Puck and a few companions join him on his journey. 

-    I keep going back and forth on if I think this book is needed in the series. Yes, because the ending of The Iron Queen left me wondering if Ash and Meghan would ever be together again, and it was a tough loose end to swallow. No, because I don't think this story needed to be a whole novel by itself. I think it could have fit into the collection of novella stories, and I would have been happy. Either way, I'm glad I read this.

-    I loved the trials Ash had to face to find his soul. It made me wonder what really makes us human: frailty, emotions, limitations, etc. It was a cool thing to explore. 


My Thoughts in a GIF:


Previous Books in the Series:
  
(covers are linked)

2 comments:

  1. I read these books back in the day, but I have no idea how far I went in the series! I bet I wouldn't remember anything now and would have to start ALL OVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't remember too much either, so it was almost like reading it for the first time.

      Delete