Title: . . . and now Miguel
Author: Joseph Krumgold
Date Published: 1953
Genre: Middle Grade, Coming of Age
- Every summer, the men in Miguel's family go on a sheep drive through the mountains. Miguel wants to go on the sheep drive so bad, but he isn't old enough. Miguel is determined to make himself useful, so he helps where he can, and he learns what it takes to care for the sheep.
- Can you believe it is the 100th anniversary of The Newbery Medal Award!? Awesome! Miguel's story was the 33rd book to receive this honor. I have quite a ways to go to finish this ever growing list.
- I liked Miguel. I think a lot of young people can relate to his desire to be included with the older people and do cool things.
- I raised sheep when I was younger, and I was able to understand and relate to all the sheep care. While reading, memories of my own little lambs would come back to me.
- The story is slow going, but I enjoyed it.
My Thoughts in a GIF: