Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?
- It was interesting, but then it got DUMB!!
- I liked that one of the heroines was marred and scarred. It was different, new, and fun to read about a girl who isn't hot. I liked it. She was a hardened warrior, but was insecure about her looks.
- I really love the cover! It is fun and funky. I stare at it a lot.
- I liked the contrast between the sisters. They were so different, but they really complimented each other. I liked how much they cared for each other and took care of each other. I was kind of a mean big sister, and I teased and picked on my little sis. I wish our relationship had been more like this, but I suppose that is what horrendous experiences does to people.
- There was some heavy language, not frequent, but there were some f-bombs.
- It took me a few chapters to really catch on to the time period. I knew they were in the now, but I kept picturing an old village from the dark ages kind of thing. Rose and Scarlett wore red cloaks, and hunted with axes and knives. Wouldn't people notice and gawk at that? Why didn't they hunt with guns? It would have been more proficient, and they wouldn't get cut up so much.
- I didn't like how young Rosie was. The things she was doing and stuff. I wish she had been 18 and Scarlett 20, instead of 16 and 18. I especially didn't like Rosie's relationship with Silas because of the age difference. He was 21!! Hello!! That is illegal!! He shouldn't be going after 16 year olds! Gross!
- The book was predictable, and I really don't like it when the story is predictable.
- The ending was LAME!! I felt like it was a cheap Hollywood trick type of thing! It could have been handled differently. I was really disappointed!