Friday, September 27, 2013

Fire & Ash

17334179Goodreads Description:    In the gripping conclusion to the action-packed “standard bearer” (Booklist) of zombie series, the threat of death is given new life.

Benny Imura and his friends have found the jet and Sanctuary—but neither is what they expected. Instead of a refuge, Sanctuary is a hospice, and the soldiers who flew the plane seem to be little more than bureaucrats who have given up hope for humanity’s future. With Chong hovering between life and death, clinging to his humanity by a thread, Benny makes a startling discovery: A scientist may have discovered a cure for the zombie plague. Desperate to save Chong, Benny and his friends mount a search and rescue mission. But they’re not the only ones on the hunt. The reapers are after the cure too, and they want to use it turn all the zombies into superfast shock troops—and wipe humanity off the face of the earth.

In this riveting conclusion to the Rot & Ruin series, the battle to end all battles is just beginning.

My Thoughts:

-    This was a wonderful and thrilling end to the Benny Imura series! I've been waiting for this book for a long time, and it didn't disappoint!

-    The characters, especially Benny, has grown A LOT throughout these books, and I like how Benny and other characters reflect on that. They know that their experiences have changed them, and they are no long the same child they used to be. They have become hardened warriors, they've matured in so many ways, and they've seen things no teen should. I feel sad for the characters, but I also feel proud of them. 

-    The author must have done a lot of research for this, or he is very smart in a few sciences. The plague and the cure are very technical, and I didn't fully understand all the science talk and terms. It sounded smart though.

-    The beginning and a few other parts were kinda slow for me, but it was still entertaining, and the it set up a crazy and thrilling ending!

-    I had a feeling Morgie would make a come back! I wish he had done more, but I'm glad that the whole Morgie thing was resolved. I think there are a lot more Morgies in the world than Bennys, and I like how it showed not everyone is willing to run off on an adventure.

-    Go Lilah, Riot, and Nix!! Girl power! Woo!! These ladies really steal the show in a lot of scenes! They were ferocious and didn't hesitate in a fight. It was awesome!

-    It is amazing that the whole series takes place within a year! So much happens, and the characters grow so much. It felt like a lifetime to me and the characters!

-    Even through all the horror and chaos, I love how the author incorporates a bit a humor. I like that the characters can still banter with each other and make jokes. 


Previous books in the series
(click on the covers to see my thoughts)

  

2 comments:

  1. So.... I really should read this series, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!!! Especially now that they're all out, and you won't have to wait for them.

      Delete