Monday, September 9, 2013

Insomnia

12260608Goodreads Description:    Her eyes saved his life.
Her dreams released his darkness.

After four years of sleeplessness, high school junior Parker Chipp can't take much more. Every night, instead of sleeping, he enters the dreams of the last person he's made eye contact with. If he doesn't sleep soon, Parker will die.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. But what starts out as a chance meeting turns into an obsession; Parker's furious desire for what he needs pushes him to extremes he never thought he'd go. And when someone begins to terrorizing Mia with twisted death threats, Parker's memory blackouts leave him doubting his own innocence.

My Thoughts:

-    I loved the whole concept and everything about this book, but I really wish it had gone in a different direction.

-    How did Parker get his curse? Living in someone's dream really intrigued me, and I wanted the story to focus more on Parker's curse. How does it work? Is there a cure? I really wanted Parker to try to figure it out more with the help of his friends. I hope the next book focuses more on that.

-    Parker turned into a real creep really fast. His addiction to Mia was more important to him than self preservation. The author must have done some good research on addiction/dependency cause she really captured it. 

-    I thought this book would be scarier, but it was more creepy than scary. I hope that made sense. I was more creeped out, like stalker and weird people creeped out than scared. There were definitely some thrilling moments, but nothing that gave me nightmares or kept me up at night. 

-    Speaking of creepy, there were some disturbing things in this book. It has some tough subjects. 

-    I thought this book was ok, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I'm a little disappointed. Mostly because I wanted the story to focus on the curse and less about stalking Mia. 

1 comment:

  1. What?! You don't want a stalker?! I have to say that I really wanted to know more about the whys and hows too. But, I still liked the story for what it was. And, yeah, Parker was a little creepy and I want to know if he really killed that guy.

    ReplyDelete