Friday, August 3, 2012

Palace of Stone

Palace of Stone (Princess Academy #2)Goodreads Synopsis:    Coming down from the mountain to a new life in the city seems a thrill beyond imagining. When Miri and her friends from Mount Eskel set off to help the future princess Britta prepare for her royal wedding, she is happy about her chance to attend school in the capital city. There, Miri befriends students who seem so sophisticated and exciting . . . until she learns that they have some frightening plans. They think that Miri will help them, that she "should "help them. Soon Miri finds herself torn between loyalty to the princess and her new friends' ideas, between an old love and a new crush, and between her small mountain home and the bustling city. Picking up where "Princess Academy "left off, this incredible stand-alone story celebrates the joys of friendship, the delight of romance, and the fate of a beloved fairy tale kingdom.

My Thoughts:

-    I really liked the letters Miri wrote to Marda.  It gave the reader more insight on what Mirri was thinking and her emotions at the time.  

-    I loved the author's letter at the beginning.  After finishing the book, I completely agree!  Miri's story and personality was just screaming for revolution! 

-    I didn't like the love triangle.  I felt like Timon was bad news from the beginning, but I can see why he was necessary.  Miri struggled with choices this whole book.  She was torn between feelings on several things.  I am happy with what she eventually chose.

-    I really admire Miri's character.  I still want her to be my friend.  I want to be a Mount Eskel girl.  They have such a kinship, and I want to be a part of it. 

-    I liked the atmosphere of this book.  It was such a great contrast from the first one.  We got to see Miri in the mountains and in the big city.  It was cool to see the contrast in scenery.  

-    The book focuses mostly on the beginning and ideas of revolution, and I love how the author handled this!  It was like reading out of a history book.  I kinda makes me want to read A Tale of Two Cities.

-    Overall, this was a delightful read!  Another home run for Shannon Hale!




2 comments:

  1. Ooh, it's the sequel! Finally!!
    And it sounds pretty good too!

    New follower by the way :)
    Daniela @ YA Book Season
    http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete