Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Kill Order

The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5)From Goodreads:    The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.

Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.

Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.

Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.


My Thoughts:

-    This was a very intense book!  It starts off crazy and doesn't slow down!  It was just one thing after another.  It was like the author tried to squeeze as many horrible things he could into this book.

-    The dreams/past scenes were intermingled in the story.  I would have liked it better if they had just done one continual story instead of break up the time sequence.

-    There is some gruesome stuff in this book.  There were a few cringe worthy moments.

-    I kinda felt like the Maze Runner series had zombie like creatures in it, but this one just confirmed it.  Zombies EVERYWHERE!!

-    I really wanted the prequel to be about how WICKED started and how Teresa and Thomas met and started the whole process, but alas, it wasn't.  It was about how The Flare started, which is terrible!   We get a tiny bit about Teresa and Thomas, but not much.  I personally think that Deedee is Teresa.  

-    I still have questions that I want answers to, but looks like I'm not going to get them!  Grrr!

1 comment:

  1. Whether I read this one or not will probably depend on my feelings toward the last two in the series I've yet to read. It sounds exciting, though!

    ReplyDelete