Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What's Left of Me

What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)Goodreads Synopsis:    Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.


My Thoughts:

-    This was a really unique and interesting idea and story.  I loved it from the get go!

-    I really liked how all the characters were introduced.  I got to meet each one, and I gained a relationship with them as I learned more and the story progressed.

-    It would be really weird and hard to share a body with 2 souls.  It would have it's advantages, but I think it would be really hard, and the story reveals a lot of the pros and cons to the situation.

-    Speaking of pros and cons, how do the 2 souls handle it when 1 is interested in someone and other soul isn't?  I liked how the romance was just beginning in this first book, but I have a feeling it is going to get more complex though.  I'm really interested to see how it all plays out. 

-    I liked how Addie and Eva really complimented each other.  One was stronger in certain areas that the other lacked, and they helped each other.  They treated each other like sisters, and their relationship was very realistic.

-    It was interesting to read the story from Eva's perspective.  I thought the author handled that really well.  Addie and Eva share a body, but we see the world through Eva's eyes.  Really cool!

-    I'm glad there were 2, or rather 4, friends to help Addie and Eva through the story.  Hally/Lissa were like one of those girls who don't do much, so you have to help them a lot.  A damsel in distress type character, but Ryan/Devon was a great hero figure that Eva could rely on.  I liked seeing that contrast.  

-    There wasn't a huge cliffhanger, THANK YOU!  I really enjoyed the ending.  I felt like I got some closure, but they left some things open for the next one. 

-    Overall, this was a really fun and interesting read!  I am very eager for more! 

Re-read Thoughts:

-    Not as amazing as I first thought, but still good. 

2 comments:

  1. Kami - Great review! <3

    I haven't heard much about What's Left of Me, but it sounds like something I'd very much enjoy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, this ones just sounds weird but everyone is raving about it. I'll have to read it now...peer pressure and all that. ;)

    ReplyDelete