Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Death Cure

The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:   Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

My Thoughts:

-    To be honest, I had to take a break after The Scorch Trials.  I was really angry, and I wanted answers.  I'm glad I took my break.  I think it made The Death Cure better for me.  

-    Did I get all my answers?  Kinda sorta.  That is all I'm willing to divulge.

-    There was a lot of fluff and extra stuff that kinda slowed the story, and I felt like it wasn't needed.  I didn't really need a whole chapter dedicated to Thomas walking towards a building.  

-    There were some crazy awesome scenes among the fluff though, and I couldn't read fast enough.  The ending is especially exhilarating, and my eyes were just flying across the words trying to consume everything.  Some of the bits about Newt really got my heart pumping as well.  

-    I thought this was an alright ending to the trilogy.  It wasn't perfect, but I was happy with how things ended up.  There are some sad moments, but that is to be expected from this series.

-    It was really crazy to see Thomas's character change and evolve into a serious survivor.  He isn't the same Thomas he was in The Maze Runner.  I really liked seeing his character development.

-    Of course, all great characters need great supporting characters.  I liked some of the people, but hated others.  I think I was supposed to hate the others though.  I really loved Minho.  He is one dedicated friend, and Thomas really needed him.  There just isn't words to describe the relationship you get with someone after you've been through hell and back with them.  

-    I liked this better than 2nd book, but the 1st was the best.  I don't know if I'll ever re-read this series, but it was worth reading once.  I'm still looking forward to the prequel.  


3 comments:

  1. I felt about the same that you did for this one. I actually liked the second one best (but I"m weird and usually like the second book in a trilogy best) I did think parts of the book weren't really necessary, and I didn't get as many answers as I hoped. Maybe they'll be more in the prequel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minho was my favorite too. I can't wait to read Kill Order. Love your review style. By fluff do you mean all of that zombie-like gore and stuff?? :) I think I read this book in one sitting because it completely freaked me out. I really liked the ending especially because I had a theory that the whole series kind of represents life (he wakes up and doesn't know where he is like he's "born" and he goes through a lot of crap and then he ends up in paradise.) I still wish he would have gotten his memories back.

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By fluff, I mean scenes or things in the book that didn't need to be there are didn't matter. They didn't move the story along or added to it. Like the whole chapter of Thomas walking to a building.

      Delete