Thursday, August 2, 2012

The False Prince

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)From Goodreads:    The False Prince is the thrilling first audiobook in a brand-new trilogy with danger, deceit, and hidden identities that will keep listeners hanging on to the edge of their seats.

NARRATOR: Charlie McWade
FORMAT: 7 CDs, Unabridged

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king’s long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Three orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner’s motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword’s point—he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage’s rivals have their own agendas as well.


My Thoughts:


-    I loved listening to this book!  It was just as fun as reading it.

-    The narrator has a nice voice.  I think it is the same guy that does The Percy Jackson series.

-    I learned and noticed new things the 2nd time through the story.  I was looking for clues and viewed Sage a little different, so it was really fun.  

-    Even thought I knew what was going to happen, I was still surprised.  I still felt like I didn't know which characters to trust and like or dislike.  

-    I loved the extra stuff at the end.  There is a deleted scene at the end about how Jaron challenged a king, and there is a interview with the author.  

-    I decided I really like the twist at the end.  In my first review, I didn't like the twist and I wanted treason and fraud and stuff, but I decided I really liked it, and it is better the way it is.

-    I'm really excited about the 2nd book.  Nielson talked a little bit about the next book, and I'm excited.  I don't like the prospect of the love triangle though.  


My Original Review


1 comment:

  1. I loved this book too! Isn't Sage a wonderful character?

    Pica @ Pica Reads

    ReplyDelete