This is the first fully illustrated version to use the original 1818 text and is destined to capture the imagination of those new to the story as well as those who know it well.
New York Times bestselling illustrator Gris Grimly has long considered Frankenstein to be one of his chief inspirations. From the bones and flesh of the original, he has cut and stitched Mary Shelley's text to his own artwork, creating something entirely new: a stunningly original remix, both classic and contemporary, sinister and seductive, heart-stopping and heartbreaking.
Perfect for fans of Edgar Allan Poe and Neil Gaiman's Coraline.
- Awesome! Loved this!
- The letters are lovely eyed candy, but they are a bit hard to read, so I skipped over a few of them. I don't think I missed much. I read the important letters.
- The artwork is fantastic! The style fits the story so well. It reminds me of Tim Burton, but it is still unique and a style all its own.
- Frankenstein is a creepy story, but adding these haunting illustrations just adds to the creepy, and I loved it!
- I really liked that the text is straight from the original story.
- This is the most unique graphic novel I've read!
- I want more from Gris Grimly!