Sunday, July 13, 2014

Out From Boneville

106134Goodreads Says:    After being run out of Boneville, the three Bone cousins, Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone, are separated and lost in a vast uncharted desert.
One by one, they find their way into a deep, forested valley filled with wonderful and terrifying creatures...
Humor, mystery, and adventure are spun together in this action-packed, side-splitting saga. Everyone who has ever left home for the first time only to find that the world outside is strange and overwhelming will love Bone.



My Thoughts:
-    My husband started reading this to our 4 year old, and they both really liked it. They convinced me to give it a try, and I'm actually enjoying the series.

-    It starts off a little slow and silly, but it picks up and character become endearing.

-    The characters are what really make the story. They are funny and sometimes witty. Fone Bone is cute. I want to learn more about Grandma Rose. There is more to her.

-    The art surprises me. The Bone characters are simple, but everything else isn't. There is some cool stuff going on in the panels. 

-    Overall, this book was surprisingly fun, and I'm excited to read the rest of the series. 

1 comment:

  1. I need to get my hands on these graphic novels. I have been wanting to read them for a long time.. I even had the first one at my house from the library but never read it.

    ReplyDelete