Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Great Cow Race

106126Goodreads Bit:    The cornerstone of GRAPHIX, our new graphic novel imprint, BONE is the incredible comic book saga of an unlikely hero who must save an idyllic valley from the forces of evil.

In THE GREAT COW RACE, volume 2 of this 9-book epic, Fone Bone and his cousins plan to return home after visiting the village of Barrelhaven with Thorn and Gran'ma Ben. But Phoney risks everything on one last get-rich-quick scheme for the town's annual Great Cow Race. As usual, Phoney's plans go disastrously awry, and Boneville seems further away than ever. Meanwhile, ominous signs indicate that a war is brewing, and Fone finds himself helping his friends defend their valley from a formidable enemy.




My Thoughts:

-    I don't understand when characters fall in love with someone from a different species. Why is Fone Bone so infatuated with Thorn?

-    This book was pretty funny. 

-    I want to know more about the rat race and its leader. I just know this story is going to get more complex and awesome!

-    Why will the dragon only let Fone Bone see it?

-    I have a lot of questions that need answers!

-    The story is light and fun, but there is a serious undertone. 

-    I want to see Boneville. I hope our characters go back some time. I want to know what this place looks like and how it functions.

Previous Bone Book
(click cover to see my thoughts)

106134

No comments:

Post a Comment