In THE GREAT COW RACE, volume 2 of this 9-book epic, Fone Bone and his cousins plan to return home after visiting the village of Barrelhaven with Thorn and Gran'ma Ben. But Phoney risks everything on one last get-rich-quick scheme for the town's annual Great Cow Race. As usual, Phoney's plans go disastrously awry, and Boneville seems further away than ever. Meanwhile, ominous signs indicate that a war is brewing, and Fone finds himself helping his friends defend their valley from a formidable enemy.
- I don't understand when characters fall in love with someone from a different species. Why is Fone Bone so infatuated with Thorn?
- This book was pretty funny.
- I want to know more about the rat race and its leader. I just know this story is going to get more complex and awesome!
- Why will the dragon only let Fone Bone see it?
- I have a lot of questions that need answers!
- The story is light and fun, but there is a serious undertone.
- I want to see Boneville. I hope our characters go back some time. I want to know what this place looks like and how it functions.
Previous Bone Book
(click cover to see my thoughts)