Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Gift

The GiftGoodreads Synopsis:    There is no hurt so great that love cannot heal it

Nathan Hurst hated Christmas. For the rest of the world it was a day of joy and celebration; for Nathan it was simply a reminder of the event that destroyed his childhood until a snowstorm, a cancelled flight, and an unexpected meeting with a young mother and her very special son would show him that Christmas is indeed the season of miracles.

From the beloved author of the international bestseller The Christmas Box comes another timeless story of faith, hope, and healing.




My Thoughts:

-    This is a story of love and healing.  It wasn't amazing, but it was good.

-    The mini story/letter on the inside fold of the dust jacket is wonderful!  Don't skip it! 

-    The only thing I know about Tourettes is what I've learned from What About Bob.  Obviously, I was pretty ignorant on the subject.  I learned a bit more about the syndrome from this book, and I didn't know the author had Tourettes. 

-    The story started out a bit slow, but it picks up about .25 of the way through.  The rest is good.

-    Miche is SO awesome!!  We need more people like her in this world!  She was my favorite character.

-    While I didn't really connect with the characters, I felt for them.  I especially felt sorry for them.  

-    I liked that this was a Utah book, but you don't have to live in Utah or be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to understand it.  There isn't a ton of cultural things in the story.  

-    I was expecting the story to be a bit sappy, but it wasn't.  It was well done.  I don't believe anything like this could really happen, but I liked the delivery and the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment