Friday, December 21, 2012

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey



My Thoughts:

-    The movie was good and very well done, but I have mixed feelings.

-    I feel like they took a lot more liberties with this one than they did with Lord of the Rings.

-    I haven't read The Silmarillion, and I know they added some things from that, so I can't fairly judge a lot of the liberties they took.

-    I didn't like the giant rock dudes.  They didn't add anything.

-    I didn't like how Bilbo was going to leave the company.  That was never the case.  He complained about the comforts of home, but he never attempted to leave.

-    I LOVED the dwarves' songs.  They were awesome!

-    I loved the dwarves a lot.  They were wonderful!  Thorin was cast perfectly!  He was exactly as I imagined him, very regal and proud.

-    I laughed a lot.

-    I was entertained the whole way through.  Some parts were slower, but I was still entertained.  

-    It was so much fun to revisit Middle Earth and it's beloved characters.

-    I love that they made Gloin look a bit like Gimli!

-    Kili and Fili were very fun.  I always imagined them looking more similar, but they were awesome!

-    My favorite chapter in The Hobbit has always been Riddles in the Dark, and that was a very well done part in the movie.  They left out a few riddles though.

-    The music was fantastic!!  I love Howard Shore!


Hubby's Thoughts:

-    I hated the rock giants.

-    I hated how Thorin was a jerk to Bilbo.

-    I didn't like how Bilbo found the ring.

-    I loved that the story was still told.

-    It was good overall, but it wasn't epic.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little bit worried about "the liberties" they took with this one, but I still can't wait to see it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete