Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)Goodreads Synopsis:  In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister Primrose, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before — and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

My Thoughts:

Keep in mind that this is the second time I've read this amazing book.  I'm going to the midnight showing of the movie, and I wanted everything to be fresh in my mind.  This might destroy the movie for me, but I'm willing to take that chance.  

-    This is one of my favorite Dystopian novels!  I love the fast pace and dying urge to know what happens next!!  This book captured my FULL attention from the get go!

-    I hate the Capitol!!!  

-    The first time I read through the trilogy,  I didn't want Katniss to end up with anyone.  After all she had been through, how could she?  This time through though, I was a total Peeta fan!  The more and more I read, the more I realized how much Katniss actually needs Peeta.  With her survival instincts, the chaos surrounding her, and the completely lost feeling she has sometimes, she really needs Peeta by her side to help her and steady her!

-   This book has everything for everyone.  It is pact full of action, suspense, romance, bloodshed, a wide range of emotions, etc.  It is awesome!

-    I love all the characters.  I feel for them, and I love the depth of their personalities.  Characters make or break a book.  The Hunger Games has some of my favorite people in all of literature.  Besides the main characters, the one that really gets me in this book is Rue.  I feel so much emotion towards that little girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment