Sunday, March 18, 2012

Me, Myself, & Bob

Me, Myself & Bob: A True Story about God, Dreams, and Talking Vegetables 
Goodreads Description:   Larry. Bob. Archibald. These Veggie Tales stars are the most famous vegetables you'll ever eat. Oops, meet. Their antics are known around the world. But so much of the Veggie Tale story hasn't been told. In Me, Myself, and Bob, Phil Vischer, founder of Big Idea and creator of Veggie Tales, gives a behind-the-scenes look at his not-so-funny journey with the loveable veggies. From famed creator to bankrupt dreamer, Vischer shares his story of trial and ultimate triumph as God inspired him with one big idea after another.

My Thoughts:

-    I am a HUGE fan of VeggieTales, and I just had to pick this up.  I'm so glad that I did!!

-    The introduction is wonderful!  I loved the book from page one.  It was actually from the first sentence.

-    I loved learning more about a show I have enjoyed since I was a teenager.  There were a few insights to some of the shows that were really fun and interesting. 

-    Phil Vischer is one hilarious guy!  I laughed out loud a lot!  Even though it was a funny book, it was a really heart-felt book too.  I laughed and cried.  

-    I read this book a little slower cause I wanted to really soak in everything!  

-    Vischer's story is an awesome one!  If you are a Christian, a VeggieTales fan, or whatever, this is a must read for you!!  The ending was a bit sad, but it was very uplifting.  Vischer's message of dreams and God is one everyone should hear or read.  

-    I don't really know what more to say about this book.  You have to just read it for yourself.  I'm a bit blown away.  

-    I LOVE VEGGIETALES!

No comments:

Post a Comment