Last night/this morning, I had the pleasure of seeing The Hunger Games movie!!! Ya, I was one of the crazy people at the midnight showing.
I had the pleasure of going with a bunch of book bloggers and company. I met a lot of really awesome people, and I had a super great time!!
Now without further delay:
- The movie was good....really good! If you love the books, the movie will not disappoint you. There were a lot of scenes that were just spot on! The emotions are all there! It was a bit thrilling.
- The casting was perfect. I think Jennifer Lawrence channeled Katniss's character perfectly. I was worried about Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, but he delivered! Stanley Tucci made me laugh every time I saw him, and Rue...she just steals your heart. I was really happy with the overall casting.
- (for Andrea) Gale was a good looking lad, but I'm still a big Peeta fan. Peeta has a bit of Gilbert Blytheness to him. He has had a huge crush on Katniss for forever, he is a really good guy, he has a sense of innocence about him, etc. Who doesn't love a good Gilbert type of guy?
- The capitol looks like Naboo.
- The use of music and lack of music was great! When the sound would cut off, my heart would drop. It was really well done.
- My only complaint was I felt like a monkey was holding the camera for some of the movie. I would have liked a steadier view of things.
- There are only a few changes from the book, and they were super minor. I wish all movies could be this accurate! This is probably the best book to movie since Lord of the Rings.