Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games

Last night/this morning, I had the pleasure of seeing The Hunger Games movie!!!  Ya, I was one of the crazy people at the midnight showing.  
 I had the pleasure of going with a bunch of book bloggers and company.  I met a lot of really awesome people, and I had a super great time!!

Now without further delay: 



My Thoughts:

-    The movie was good....really good!  If you love the books, the movie will not disappoint you.  There were a lot of scenes that were just spot on!  The emotions are all there!  It was a bit thrilling.

-    The casting was perfect.  I think Jennifer Lawrence channeled Katniss's character perfectly.  I was worried about Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, but he delivered!  Stanley Tucci made me laugh every time I saw him, and Rue...she just steals your heart.  I was really happy with the overall casting.  

-    (for Andrea)  Gale was a good looking lad, but I'm still a big Peeta fan.  Peeta has a bit of Gilbert Blytheness to him.  He has had a huge crush on Katniss for forever, he is a really good guy, he has a sense of innocence about him, etc.  Who doesn't love a good Gilbert type of guy?

-    The capitol looks like Naboo.  

-    The use of music and lack of music was great!  When the sound would cut off, my heart would drop.  It was really well done.

-    My only complaint was I felt like a monkey was holding the camera for some of the movie.  I would have liked a steadier view of things. 

-    There are only a few changes from the book, and they were super minor.  I wish all movies could be this accurate!  This is probably the best book to movie since Lord of the Rings.  

5 comments:

  1. It was really nice to meet you last night. :) And, you now have two followers. ;)

    Your thoughts are spot on! I agree with everything you said. And, I love that you compare the Capitol to Naboo. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I wish I could have talked to you more last night! My sisters had a blast getting to know you though! :) I agree with everything you say about this movie. I'm about to write my own thoughts of things, so hopefully it won't sound like I just copied you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny you say Peeta has Gilbert Blytheness to him! I was a huge Anne fan as a teen and I just recently started to re-read the first three Anne books as well for the first time read the rest of the series while also (at the same time) reading the Hunger Games. And I saw the parallel instantly.

    I'm definitely team Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for coming with me!! It really was a blast. I LOVED Stanley Tucci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting even more excited to see the movie now!

    ReplyDelete