Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mr. Popper's Penguins

My mother-in-law gave me a bunch of these Newbery award books, so you are going to see a bunch of reviews for them.  I plow through these pretty fast.
Mr. Popper's Penguins

Goodreads Description:  A classic of American humor, the adventures of a house painter and his brood of high-stepping penguins have delighted children for generations. "Here is a book to read aloud in groups of all ages. There is not an extra or misplaced word in the whole story."--"The Horn Book." Newbery Honor Book.

My Thoughts: 

-    Fun illustrations!  Those penguins are so darn cute!

-    Why does the text only cover 2/3 of the page?  They could put a lot more text on each page.

-    Even though this is for a younger audience, I found it cute and funny.  I chuckled quite a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the movie? I didn't know there was a book. If you haven't seen the movie, you should watch it and give us a review. I haven't seen the movie or read the book but I remember the preview!

    ReplyDelete