Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Westing Game

Goodreads Description:  This highly inventive mystery involves sixteen people who are invited to the reading of Samuel W. Westing's will. They could become millionaires, depending on how they play the tricky and dangerous Westing game, which involves blizzards, burglaries, and bombings. Ellen Raskin has entangled a remarkable cast of characters in a puzzle-knotted, word-twisting plot filled with humor, intrigue, and suspense.

My Thoughts:

-    There are a lot of characters in this book, but it isn't too bad keeping track of everyone and knowing who is who, especially after they've been paired.

-    I love the mystery!  The gears in my head were turning the whole time trying to figure everything out, but I couldn't!!    

-    Well done and clever story!  Great characters and a captivating plot.  I loved every moment!

-    The perspective changes from character to character, but I liked being able to get inside all of the characters heads and find out how they were piecing the clues together.  

-    I want to play Clue now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kami! I'm sorry I didn't make it the the Hunger Games movie party and thus didn't get to meet you in person (yet) but I wanted to say hello this way at least!
    I love the Westing Game too! I read for the first time a couple of years ago and yes, it totally made me want to play Clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you play clue? I love these kinds of books. Just another book I'm gonna have to write down and read...my list just keeps getting longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete